No one has to miss out on afternoon tea with these easy gluten-free and vegan jam drop biscuits!- Ange’s Kitchen
- 150g besan flour
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 50g almond meal
- 2 tsp vanilla bean sugar
- 50g coconut oil
- 50g maple syrup
- 1/4 cup activated almond milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dollop of jam
- 1 pinch icing sugar *to garnish
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix with your fingers to a dough.
- To form the cookies take 20 or 30g of the dough, form a ball and press in the middle of your palm with both hands to a flat shape. Use your thumb and index finger to shape the round while you gently form a dip in the middle with your other thumb. Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Fill each cookie with a tsp of jam.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar when cooled.
The cookies will be nice and crispy when freshly baked. If you prefer softer cookies, rest them in a tin.